“I recently read this report below from John Hamilton, non-medical dermatologist and MD of Essentaily Yours about SPFs in sun creams. Like me, most dog handlers, are outdoors a lot as we train and compete outdoors in all weather conditions, but critically we don’t always remember to protect their skin. Farmers are the same… That’s why you often see farmers with skin problems on the tops of their ears. I care a great deal about sun protection and think it’s worthwhile to stop and think about what exactly we’re all putting on our skin”. Ceri Rundle
At a recent Research Centre for Cancer, of almost 20 years, John asked a Scientist, “Just what are you doing?”.
Skin Cancer is accelerating at huge rates, yet some Scientists still stand behind the recommendations to use and trust SPF’s whilst dismissing the many new studies that link SPF to Skin Cancer. Note that according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), “data fails to show that sunscreen use alone helps prevent premature skin ageing and skin cancer.”
Evidence has shown that countries who population use large amounts of sunblock have the most skin cancer. John even heard a Scientist say a particular brand of SPF is safe, so decided to take a look into the ingredients.This SPF is one of the very few SPF’s that does not contain Dioxides which is great but the ingredients it does contain are below. Hardly Natural or safe!
- AQUA / WATER
- DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE
- ALCOHOL DENAT
- BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE
- DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE
- ISONONYL ISONONANOATE
- ZEA MAYS STARCH / CORN STARCH
- C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE
- STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER
- ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE
- PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE
(1) Very high levels of alcohol which on your recommend site EWG show are linked to cancer and are molecules which are restricted in cosmetics because of toxicity. Remember, the higher an ingredient is on the list, the more potent it is in that particular product.
(2) Petrochemicals are heavy metals, an the item that leading cell decay Scientists at Cambridge University say causes cell decay and damage.
(3) BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE is what this SPF uses to absorb UVA. Again, on the website EWG, it says it has links to cancer.
(4) OCTOCRYLENE: When this chemical is exposed to UV light, it absorbs the rays and produces oxygen radicals that can damage cells and cause mutations. It is readily absorbed by your skin and may accumulate within your body in measurable amounts. Plus, it can be toxic to the environment
(5) Silica is highly toxic and restrictions are in place when working with it to not be overly exposed. However it is often found in SPF’s like this one.
(6) DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE has not been approved in many countries, including IE and the USA.
When speaking with the Scientist at the recent Research Center, she didn’t disagree that there is a deficiency in Vitamin D throughout the Western World. Many recommended SPF’s on the market today stop us absorbing Vitamin D.
Interesting Fact: On Tuesday (May 1), Hawaii’s Legislature passed a bill to ban sunscreens containing the common chemicals oxybenzone and octinoxate, effective Jan 1, 2021. The ban follows research suggesting that sunscreen drifting off the skin of tourists can damage coral. Imagine what this is doing to your skin? Check out the full article here.
5% DISCOUNT WITH: CSJ
These products are really good value and get results. If you’d like to see for yourself, remember you can get a 5% discount, when you order on this link. Just use this promotional code when you order – CSJ
You must be logged in to post a comment.